Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BETA CHAPTER (SMOKER ?)

Phi Delta Psi Fraternity - LA Pierce College - Archive of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2008

I am going to alert a couple of these guys whose addresses I have to identify the Beta Chapter event. It is likely a "smoker".

Here's Jerry Olson's response:
This is in the main meeting/party room at the Beta House. Looks like a Sunday night meeting. I doubt it is a smoker. Front row
Frank DeMarco, Jerry Fecht, Ken Clark, Doug Fitzgerald, Phil Capka.
Kit Slayter behind Fecht.

Dick Mlack says:
Has to be sometime after Spring 62 because Capka and a couple of my other pledge brothers are in the picture. If it was a smoker it sure is a somber looking crowd!!! We would have never got any pledges!!

John Bogdanoff's take: Altar boy initiation no doubt...... JB

Doug Fitzgerald's view:
Gerry this is the Fall 61 Pledge class smoker.
Great pic ld love to have a copy.. if you can email me a copy so i can print it out.

Clay Koerner notes:
I believe the photo is pre Spring 62 the year of the largest pledge
class at
Beta as I don't recognize any of my pledge brothers in the photo. Clay Koerner

Dean Brewster adds his ideas:
The photo was prior to 1962 when I joined. I recognize a lot of faces.
I agree, it looks like a smoker. Dean

And, now Jim Grady"
Almost sure this was a smoker. I was sitting one row back from Kit
Slayter. Remember this was just after our group was selected as new
members. We were the pledges of Spring 61. I concur this was a
somber looking group. Jim Grady

2 comments:

Gerald R. Fecht said...

I just noticed that all these guys have identification badges. This would have most likely been an occasion when there were strangers or non-Chapter members present.
Jerry Fecht

Gerald R. Fecht said...

Al Conahan adds his comment"
Was just before my time (Fall 62) , but as I enlarged the pic I could recognize at the door and back wall, Bros, Rayne Sherman, with the pipe, Art Arocha, Leland Prisler, Doug Fitzgerald. Seated I see Gary Smith, Aladdin Zerrinpour and others I need to recall names of. I think a listing directory by year and chapter taken off the pledge plaques would help jog an "ole" mans memory. This was at the Beta House and in the Library of course. Judging from the name tags of some of the known brothers, and some that are not. I would venture to say it was a pledge smoker.
I wonder if there are any pics of the smoker I emceed with a girl friend of mine , the topless dancer. any body, anybody?