Thursday, July 3, 2008

BIG DAY FOR THE MAPLE LEAF ENDOWMENT FUND

As you probably have been expecting, I've been thinking about the Campaign for the Maple Leaf Endowment Fund. We need to have a meeting of the Endowment's Board first, to decide how much we will be giving in scholarships and our fund-raising goals.
So, you might enjoy what happened to me at lunch today.

I met Janne (my wife) and her office mates for lunch in Woodland Hills. When Janne arrived she handed me a check from one of our Brothers. It was for $500. "What a grand way to kick off the campaign season," I thought.
During lunch my wife's partner Steve, who went to Valley College after Van Nuys High School, asked what the Maple Leaf Endowment Fund is about. I explained our scholarships for Valley, Pierce, LA City, Moorpark, CSUN and Virginia Tech.
As we were leaving, Steve handed me a check for $500.
The old Phi Delt magic still works!
So, your Brotherhood raised $1,000 for our Endowment Fund today. Lunch anyone?


Note: I intentionally do not list contribution amounts made by our Brothers. This is so that those with lesser incomes won't feel awkward. I do hope, no matter what you income level, that you'll let us know you care with a contribution of $13.

No comments: