Sunday, April 27, 2008

KIT SLAYTER


Brother Christopher O. Slayter was initiated into our Phi Delta Psi Brotherhood in the Spring of 1961 at Los Angeles Pierce College.
Brother Slayter was born on October 10 in Los Angeles, California. He graduated from Reseda High School. He served the Brotherhood as Rush Chairman for Beta Chapter.
Brother Kit Slayter's National Guard Unit was activated during the Viet Nam War in 1968. Christopher graduated from San Jose State University in 1965, after which he became a Certified Public Accountant. He earned a Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Southern California in 1970.
He and Kathey have two daughters.
This image was photoshopped. It was taken during a Beta Ski Trip in January 1962. Kit and his wife Kathey live in Tempe, Arizona.

Note from Kit (Falcon is a nickname for Jerry Fecht)
Falcon
Where did you get those pictures? I think the trip is a little earlier than Jan 62, because that is my car, 53 Ford that I think we traded out in 61.
Oh well. I am so glad to see that I haven't changed one bit.
I think we went to Frasier Park, up on the Grape Vine, this might have been the same day Berman shattered his leg on the Toboggan. Some of the Alfa guys were in the area.

Note from Dave Berman
Yeah, about 1962. Joe Ells, Dave Heinz Myself and maybe McAlevey. We took our dates to Mt. Pinos. I got on the front of our rented toboggan, with three of our girl friends behind me. They did not follow instructions very well and as a consequence we rode straight into a tree at the bottom of the hill, going entirely too fast. One of the girls tore up her hand pretty badly, but I got the worst of it with a broken femur. Took about 6 months, and a lot of sympathy, to heal. Aha the good old days.
David B.

No comments: