Wednesday, May 20, 2009

JERRY OLSON'S COMMENTS ABOUT PIERCE

Subject: Re: a simple favor for Pierce College
To: gfecht@sbcglobal.net


Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 11:15 AM

Back in 1959 I had an interest merely to learn a trade and to get a job. Electronics seemed to be a good field, so I enrolled in the electronics technician program at Pierce College.
I was fully influenced by a great teacher, Mr. William "Bill" Shaw. His great sense of humor made his classes interesting and not boring. I would like to think his classes gave me a great background.
I received my Associate of Arts in June 1961. I had joined the Phi Delta Psi fraternity and wanted to continue with school (and all the parties). The influence of those young men had me want more that an AA degree.
A few more classes with Bill Shaw and I was able to apply at California State University Long Beach and received Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology, Electronics.

Sincerly,
Gerald R. Olson

Gerald Olson and his family reside in Manhattan Beach, California. He works as a service engineer for an electonics firm in Whittier, California.

No comments: